Sunday, January 31, 2010

Arm-chair view of Cyclocross World Championships




Good day today as I had the pleasure of watching the Cyclocross World Championship throw down from the comforts of my couch, office chair, kitchen table, and bar stool. No doubt it would be cool to see it in person but I have to say that Universal Sports "live" coverage was second to none. Up close and personal. My thoughts about the race...Stybar was not given an inch, he took it! Nys, well, if you have been following him you knew he was digging deep seems how almost every time he had an opportunity to bunny-hop the barriers he did with success and an advantage. I wonder what Tim Johnson is drinking right now? I have personally been around and with Tim Johnson after a win at Nationals times two...after a long night of celebrating it ended in a food and ice fight at Ihop in KC, KS. Todd Wells and wifey were involved too. Anyway, I'm sure he is celebrating as if he just won a major race. 14th place at Worlds is a feather in the hat for Tim. Stellar effort and placing! This officially hangs up the Cross bikes until probably Hermann Cross in September. Looking forward to it. ...Until we Cross again...

No comments:

Post a Comment